Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bennett's Blog


Hi! My name is Bennett and I am so excited to share some Super Duper Science facts with YOU! Each blog entry will tell you about my newest adventure and introduce a new science, history or math fact. You know, science is just about the most fun subject ever! So, let's get started!

I am named after Floyd Bennett. Mr. Bennett was a pilot in the United States Navy a very long time ago, from 1917 to 1924. He is most famous for being the first pilot to fly over the North Pole! I wonder if he spotted Santa down there? Hmmm . . . something to think about. Mr. Bennett and I also share the same birthday, October 25th, only we were not born in the same year. Anyway, he was such a great pilot that they named an airfield after him. Floyd Bennett Airfield is located in Brooklyn, New York, which just happens to be the city where Mr. Bennett was born in 1890. I was born in 2002.
Can you name something you learned about me? Can you remember a fact you learned about Mr. Bennett? Be sure to tell these answers to at least three people today, that way you'll never forget what you have learned!

Well,I have some serious exploring to do over the next few weeks: Vertical Wind Tunnel, Skydiving, a trip to Kennedy Space Center, a day at Cocoa Beach, and a trip to our nation's capitol - Washington, D.C.

Up, up and away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment